Here at Search Engine College, we’ve got big plans afoot. We’re currently seeking instructors for our online training courses to help expand our curriculum.
We are seeking tutors in the following subject areas:
> web site analytics
> social media marketing
> online article marketing
> affiliate marketing
The reputation of Search Engine College courses rests on the quality of our instructors, so we are only seeking the very best. If you have at least 2 years experience in one of the above fields, a good writing style and a following in the industry, we want to hear from you. Here’s what we’re looking for:
– 2 years proven experience in your specialist field
– ability to write clearly and concisely about your topic
– good reputation in your field (what will we see when we Google you?)
– ability to convert complex technical information into easy-to-grasp concepts
– commitment to teaching only industry best-practices based on webmaster guidelines published by search engines
– proven experience writing articles / blog posts about your topic
– online or face-to-face training experience in your topic
– proven history of active, helpful participation in webmaster forums
– experience presenting related topics at conferences or seminars
– experience with audio or video blogging / podcasting
Here’s what’s involved with being a tutor for Search Engine College:
1. Drafting of lesson material for the course, ranging from 6 to 10 lessons and 3 or 4 set assignments, depending on the topic complexity and tutor preference.
2. Grading of student assignments and tallying final grades (Certification students only).
3. Liaising with students and answering questions about the lesson material (Certification students only).
4. Hosting occasional group classroom chat or webinar sessions with optional guest speaker.
5. Regular review and updating of lesson material, based on industry changes and peer review.
Depending on the number of enrolments we get for each course, we envisage the minimum time commitment for tutors with SEC would be between 2 and 8 hours per week. This doesn’t include the initial time required to draft the lesson materials. Remuneration is via negotiation, but will best suit persons interested in generating a long term passive income.
Initially, we just want to hear back from you via email, explaining why you are interested in joining us, what topic you would like to teach and a concise outline of how you meet our Essential and Desirable Criteria.
Feel free to include hyperlinks to samples of your work, but please don’t include attachments. There will be an opportunity to provide more detail later. If you have questions about the position, include them in your email and we will address them if you are chosen for a phone interview.
Interested? Send an email to the Director of Studies via: study [at] searchenginecollege [dot] com with “I want to be a tutor” as your subject line.
No written or phone applications please.